In this episode I go out on a limb and share the 7 biggest mistakes I made when starting my speaking business. Those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it, so save yourself from frustration and learn from my mistakes!
- Isolating Myself & Doing It Alone. Creativity is not a solo sport. Doing it on my own and not investing in support or expertise early on was a big mistake.
- Not Following the Recipes. I was too creative and too confident that I could tweak proven frameworks and do it my way.
- Throwing Too Much at the Audience and assuming they could figure it all out.
- Seeking Perfect Solutions. I caught myself in the cycle of test, learn, refine, repeat … without ever launching.
- Hiding My Story. Instead of creating connection, I sought to impress people. This actually led to less impact, not more.
- Failure to Capture videos, images, and testimonials.
- Failing to Build Relationships. A mastermind group helped me gain traction in this area like nothing else. I’ll talk more about this on the next episode because a mastermind group has had the single most significant impact on my business.
Have A Question? I’d Love to Answer.
Simply email email@example.com and your question will be answered on a future episode of the podcast. I will also send you a free copy of my book, Public Speaker Secrets.
Download Your Copy of the 3-Step Roadmap to Start, Run, and Grow Your Speaking Business
This free guide contains my best strategies to help you start, run, and grow a speaking business from scratch. Download it today and you’ll access to time-tested tactics that I’ve used to help hundreds of coaches, consultants, and professional speakers create impact with their ideas and get their message heard.